Flammable Liquids Certification

Chemsafety have four Test Certifiers on the team who are able to help you gain a location test certificate for your Flammable Liquids store.  We are able to certify:

  • Location Test Certification classes 2 - 5
  • Approved Handlers classes 2-9
  • Some Stationary Container Systems

What is a Location Test Certificate?
Location Test Certificates (LTC) were introduced in 2012 by the Environmental Protection Authority.  They are essentially a check by a Test Certifier that your property complies with all the requirements of the HSNO Act in relation to flammable liquids storage.

Do I need an Location Test Certificate?
If you store over certain quanities of flammable liquids at your site then you may need a LTC.  Your LTC will be issued for a period of 1 year when the Test Certifier needs to revisit your property and do another check to ensure compliance.

There are some cases where you may not need an LTC and Chemsafety will advise you on this. 

What does the Test Certifier look for?
Our Test Certifier will visit the property and ensure that your flammable liquid store is compliant to the HSNO Regulations.  Items to be checked for compliance include security, emgerency management, approved handlers, signage, fire extinguishers and separation distances.

How do I get an LTC?
Give Chemsafety a call on 0800 366 370 to book a time for one of our Test Certifiers to visit your site.

Have more questions, please contact Chemsafety on 0800 366 3700 or email us at info@chemsafety.co.nz