Asbestos sampling involves one of Chemsafety’s trained consultants coming to your property or business to safely take a sample of suspected asbestos containing building material. The consultant then transports the sample(s) to our accredited analysis laboratory.
- Chemsafety is IANZ accredited for asbestos sample analysis.
- Our experienced team are trained in how to safely take samples to avoid contamination of the surrounding environment.
- We help meet your legal requirements regarding asbestos.
Doing renovations to your home?
Where can Asbestos be found?
Asbestos is most likely to be found in buildings that were constructed before the mid-1980s. It can be found in the following locations;
- Textured ceilings
- Ceiling tiles
- Cement board/fibrous cement cladding
- Decramastic type roofing tiles
- Plaster and plaster cornice
- Lagging for insulation around pipes, heaters & hot water cylinders
- Backing material for floor tiles & vinyl sheets
The only way to be certain if building material contains asbestos is to have a sample analysed. If you are completing renovations to your home and are disturbing any of the above areas, it is recommended that sampling is completed before work starts.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
” Excellent – you reminded us the work needed doing, easy to book in the site visit which was performed professionally and efficiently, and the report and certificate followed very quickly afterwards – 10/10!! “
Special Steels and Metals
” We are very happy with your service and how easy you make it to keep everything up to scratch. “
” We used Chemsafety to complete our location compliance. We’ve used them in the past and found that they’ve performed well. They made us aware of the issues and used a collaborative approach to help us address these. The documentation and interaction were both very helpful. “
” The service (Asbestos Analysis) was excellent from the moment I made first contact. I was impressed with the way my telephone enquiry was handled. “